There is nothing more important to our body than Water. Our whole digestion and respiration system depends on it. Water keeps our body hydrated, brain active helps in building muscles, boosts our immune system and so much more. Water is the first key to a human body’s physical and mental health. Our bodies can survive through weeks without food and merely three days without liquid or water. Therefore, you should intake at least 10-12 glasses of water a day.
If you deprive yourself of an adequate amount of liquid/water, your body would feel extremely dehydrated, your brain won’t be able to operate accordingly, you’ll feel worn out because dehydration drains out your energy and your ability to function properly. Water is a crucial part of our well-being. A lot of people are unaware of the surprising benefits that water provides to our body.Source: Google.com
This is what you should know about water
- An adult human body is about 65 percent water, infants and children have the highest percentage of water, around 78 percent and an old human body has around 50 percent water. This is an average number since the number varies as you grow old.
- Water escalates stamina and reduces the risk of fatigue. It strengthens your ability to focus and concentrate, it boosts your brain’s capabilities. Additionally, it also enhances your energy levels.
- Water contains ZERO CALORIES and hence it supports weight loss. It forbids hunger which results in lower food intake.
- Water is very beneficial for your skin and hair. It enhances glowing skin and works as an excellent antioxidant thereby detoxifying your whole body. Water maintains the keratin content in your hair, while consequently promoting hair volume. It inhibits the dandruff build-up on the scalp, making the hair strong, smooth with an unadulterated scalp.
- It helps in the flexibility of joints and muscles. You feel physically fit, strong and active. Your injuries will take comparatively lesser time to heal and the pain due to the internal injuries will also be less.
- It regulates the oxygen in your body, since blood is about 90 percent water and blood carries oxygen to various sections of your body. Along with water, our body also needs oxygen to function and operate appropriately.
- Proper hydration helps in stabilizing the body’s temperature. Water is present in the middle layers of our skin, when our body heats up, water comes on the skin surface as sweat, which is then evaporated, leaving a cool surface. Dehydration causes excessive heat storage and it gets difficult to endure that heat. Exercising and workout becomes challenging due to such a condition.
- It prevents kidney damage. Kidneys monitor the fluids in our body. Dehydration generates kidney stones, failures, and many more dreadful problems, hence, drinking more water enhances kidney strength.
- It drives out the toxins and impurities. As we urinate, all lethal scum flushes out with it. Intaking more liquids leads to full bladder and you urinate more. Water purifies our whole body.
- Drinking more water promotes better digestion, it helps fight constipation and bloating. The water dissolves in food and makes it easier to digest. Reduced amount of water causes indigestion, gastric problems, etc.
This is how you can consume liquid/water
- Drink lukewarm water. It improves your digestion and cleanses your body internally. Some suggest that you should intake warm water during the day, especially after you wake up, in an empty stomach, first thing. It flushes out all the toxic impurities from your intestines and stimulates your digestive system.
- You should drink water stored in copper vessels. Copper is an element that exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, cleanses your stomach, and kills unwanted bacteria. It boosts your healing power, promotes weight loss, and protects you from harmful infections. It also reduces melanin production on your skin and improves skin health.
- Consider drinking detox water. It escalates your energy levels, helps in losing weight, gets rid of the rejected wastes, boosts your immune system, and benefits the skin and hair. It also works as an amazing antioxidant for your skin, fights free radical damage, inhibits aging, and gives you a glowing skin texture.
- Drink lemon water. Lemon is stuffed with Vitamin C, helps in hydration, and promotes skin quality. Lemon water improves digestion, prevents kidney stones, and supports weight loss. So, it is highly recommended that you ingest warm lemon water in the morning or in the evening.
- You can also add coconut water to your daily diet. It is a great liquid for skin and hair as it helps in digestion, controls blood pressure, and keeps you hydrated. It also acts as an antioxidant and helps fight free radicals. Intaking this liquid results in weight loss and reduced cholesterol levels.
- You can also ingest liquid in the forms of juices, soups, citrus fruits,, etc to increase the liquid content in your body. When we exercise or perform vigorous work, a lot of water is lost. Hence, we should intake liquid in many forms along with water. Avoid drinking packed juices because they have added sugar and unwanted ingredients. Instead, make fresh juices or soups at home.
- Besides ingesting liquid in various forms, the one that is required the most by our body is normal water, straight out of a purifier. This is a basic necessity for living beings. Hence, don’t overlook it. At least 10-12 glasses of water a day can do wonders for you.
Drink an adequate amount of water throughout your day. Drink even when you don’t feel thirsty, your body won’t reject liquids. Keep yourself hydrated and healthy. As a result, you’ll notice a tremendous change in your skin, hair, and as well as your internal systems. It protects you from deadly diseases and infections, purifies you internally, boosts your brain health, and affects your mental health as well.
If you stay dehydrated, your brain won’t be able to function appropriately, your body will feel exasperated, and you could catch infections and diseases. Consequently, your mental health will be disturbed. You shouldn’t skip your liquid intake, it may not show the symptoms early but the outcomes can be dreadful if your body is deprived of enough liquid content. However, an adequate amount of liquid intake can improve your skin, highly benefit your hair and boost the immune system.
Avoid drinking contaminated/impure water. This may lead to many waterborne diseases including diarrhea, typhoid, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, etc. Not to mention the demand for hygiene nowadays because of various deadly illnesses.Especially when the world is suffering from a pandemic, it is essential that you take proper care of yourself, dehydration results in many diseases which in turn makes you prone to deadly viruses.